Two dead after carbon monoxide leak

Shockwaves have been sent through the landlord community after a suspected faulty boiler caused deaths at a property in North London.

Two men, aged 38 and 42, lost their lives, and a further five people - including two children - were admitted to hospital following the suspected carbon monoxide leak on Sunday afternoon, according to Scotland Yard. Two other men, a woman and two young boys were also found to be living at the property.

Officers discovered the bodies of the men when they arrived at the scene at around 1.30pm on Sunday, along with fire crew and paramedics. The windows of the property were left open on Sunday evening, and gas engineers attended to reconnect gas supplies to neighboring properties.

Scotland Yard are currently treating the deaths as unexplained, however issued a statement noting that ‘police believe that there was a possible carbon monoxide leak at the address.

According to shocked neighbours the residents of the HMO, located on Bacon Lane in Edgware, only moved into the property a few weeks ago. They noted how they had seen the owner renovating the property earlier in the year, and believed the renovations centered around replacing carpets and painting.

Let my property online from

£95 inc VAT

Let your property

Sell my property online from

£795 inc VAT

Sell your property

Back to top