The National Landlords Association (NLA) has announced two new training courses to be launched in June 2017.
Planning a Successful Investment
This course is aimed at individuals who are contemplating becoming a landlord, and established landlords looking to expand their property portfolios.
The one day course will provide you with:
- An overview of all the key considerations before starting out in the business
- A solid understanding the purchasing process
- Top tips and hints for researching properties to purchase
- Guidance and advice on how to expand or improve existing portfolios
- Strategies and options to get the best out of your investments, including renovating existing properties
- Finding the right property
- The process of buying a property
- How to undertake renovations and manage plans and contractors
- How to market and prepare your property for tenants
- The pros and cons of using an agent
- How to find the right finance and mortgages
- Business planning and exit strategies
If you would like more information about this course and to see available dates, please click here.
Specialist Landlord Taxation
This one day course is aimed at landlords who want to learn more about property taxation with a view of putting a long term plan into place.
The course will provide you with:
- An overview of the tax regime and the general principles of property taxation
- Guidance on understanding and clarifying future tax liabilities
- The various options available to reduce ongoing and potential tax bills
- The confidence and support in running more tax-efficient property portfolios
The course content includes:
- Introduction and overview of the tax regime
- The different property taxes, including Capital Gains Tax , Corporation Tax and Inheritance Tax
- The implications of Section24 of the Finance Act and recent changes to buy to let taxation
- Gifting and potentially exempt transfer
- The benefits of incorporating or holding your properties as a company
- Self-assessment and tax returns, including recent changes to digital tax
If you would like more information on this course and to see available dates, please click here
Why chose the NLA?
All of our training courses guarantee high standards of via a specialist team of trainers with years of experience as landlords. All of our trainers have successfully completed the process involved in becoming an NLA trainer and have NLA Accredited Status themselves, providing you with the assurance that you’re being trained by the best.
For more information about the NLA, visit www.landlords.org.uk
Let my property online from
£99 inc VAT
FREE Instant Online Valuation